I hope all you moms, grandmas, aunts, sisters, etc. had a wonderful Mothers Day yesterday!
My husband is my rock and it wouldn't have been a wonderful Mothers Day without him making it so! Some pretty crummy things happened yesterday, but they don't even seem that important because Nate did the best he could to make me feel wonderful! Love you honey!
I ended up getting an impromptu Mothers Day gift on Saturday, a new washer and dryer!!! Nate and I had been starting to browse for a new washer, since we knew we were going to need a new one soon. We needed one that was bigger, to fit our ever expanding laundering needs, and our current one needed some repairs, but we didn't want to go to the trouble of fixing it if we needed something larger. Looking online Friday night, I stumble upon an absolute steal of a deal for a washer/dryer set that we just could NOT pass up! Buying this particular set was half the price of the the washers alone that we were looking at. Since we had the money do it, we figured now would be the best time! Saturday morning I got up to go look at the washer and dryer to make sure it was what we wanted and TA DA! We are now the proud owners of a new washer and dryer! Wahoo!
It's nice having a washer and dryer that were made in this century! HA!
I spent Saturday evening with Melissa beading and making watchbands. I had been absolutely itching to learn how to make them. Now I think I've officially caught the beading bug! I'll show you my creations when I do my Live List post about them :)
As for the rest of my gifts, Sunday morning I got from Katelyn, Aiden, and Nate Season 4 of CSI (which I've been wanting for quite a while, but just never got around to getting it) and some Teddy's root beer, which is quite tasty stuff! I also got a cute throw pillow from my in laws too.
I got some great stuff from Katelyn that she made at preschool for me. This is the stuff I love to get and haven't gotten much of since she really hasn't had much opportunity to do it over the years. She brought me home an artistic rendition of myself (as pictured below), a picture frame that she made, and a card that had a survey about mom in it. It was one of those surveys that the kid gets to fill in the blank about mom. My absolute favorite was "My mom weighs ______ pounds." Her answer? "She's lost a few." Good girl!!! No gigantic number in that blank! Haha! ;)
She was so proud that she managed to use just about every color in the rainbow to draw me!
Sunday I didn't get breakfast in bed because we had 9 AM church and we were up late the night before. I did, however, get lunch "in bed" (being defined as lunch while lounging on the couch haha). I got to enjoy some lumpia and rice, which you can never go wrong with!
Nate was wonderful in taking care of the kids and letting me rest as much as possible, and by rest I DID get a Sunday nap in, YEAH! He played with the kids and tried to keep them as quiet as possible, so I could get a nap because sleep has been hard to come by the past few days!
We had dinner at my in laws that night. I wish I could have enjoyed it more, but I had a really killer headache come on while we were eating! Fortunately after dosing myself with drugs and a short nap, I was healed! For Nate's mom's Mothers Day gift, we bought her an ice cream cake, which we got to enjoy after dinner. It was a peanut buster parfait ice cream cake from none other than Dairy Queen! Oh my deliciousness!!! It was awesome! We had to store the cake at my dad's Saturday and he jokingly asked where his cake was (as PB parfaits hare his absolute favorite), so I think we know what he's getting for Fathers Day! ;)
I hope everyone else had a fantastic Mothers Day too!
Harga burung sikatan belang
7 years ago



1 comments:
Sounds like you had a lovely day! Tell Nate good job for taking such good care of you on mother's day. I'm like you, I love the homemade stuff from the kids the most.
Post a Comment