Saturday, August 21, 2010

Live List: Go To The Zoo

Yes, I know I haven't posted a single thing this summer, but for good reason! It's been quite the crazy one indeed! Fortunately, this Live List post does cover a recent event, so I won't feel too guilty about not being a dutiful blogging mommy. ;)

I was looking over my Live List this afternoon and I was thrilled to see that I had completed an item on my Live List, without even remembering I had put it there! This particular item happened to be to go to the zoo. All year I have been dying to take my girls to the zoo, hence the reason I put it on my list (but, of course, actually forgetting it was there haha). My sister, Jessica, told me a few weeks ago that she was planning on making a trip to SLC and that on her list of things to do was to go to the zoo, so the plan was set!

We ended up going to the zoo Monday afternoon. We also had quite the crew go with us too! Audrey, Mandy, Kadee, Rae, and of course Jessica, Jackson, and my girls all headed up to the zoo. We spent all afternoon there and my poor body sure could tell! Why, oh why did they build that dang zoo on a mountain?!?!? Oh well, it was worth it! Jackson spent the whole time at the zoo looking for an alligator, which we didn't find until the very end of the excursion. Katelyn's favorite part was the elephants, especially the baby elephant. For the first half of the visit, I would point the animals out to Aiden, she'd point, and then get ticked that she couldn't actually TOUCH the animals! I suppose I need to find a petting zoo somewhere close by! I think one of the favorite things of all the kids was the elephant statue that not only made elephant noises, but sprayed water out of it's trunk! They all were laughing so hard, I don't think they could breathe half of the time! Silly kids.

Here are a few pics (I took so many, so a bit of editing down was necessary haha) of the adventure...

Photobucket
Katelyn and Jackson watching a King vulture devour a rat. It was pretty nasty, actually...

Photobucket
Mama elephant and baby elephant (Zuri was born at the zoo last year)

Photobucket
The cousins: Jackson, Aiden, Katelyn, and Kadee

Photobucket
You can't go to the zoo all afternoon and NOT expect the kids to want a snack!

Photobucket
Katelyn and the giraffe

Photobucket
Aiden and Mommy were checking out the giraffes downstairs while the others (who were not confined to a stroller haha) checked them out from upstairs!

Photobucket
Here kitty, kitty...(I actually got the kids to say that all throughout the cat exhibit heh heh!)

Photobucket
This is about half of what my pictures consisted of, the back of the kids as they looked on at all the animals!

Photobucket
...and this would be the elephant statue that the kids had a blast with! Purely comical!

All in all, it was a fun day at the zoo. Time to check that one off the List! ;)

1 comments:

Chelsea said...

You should take your kids to Wheeler Farm I took my boy last year and he loved it! They have a petting zoo there sometimes. There are chickens, roosters, pigs, and goats and it's so fun! Zoo is awesome huh? Chels