Monday, January 3, 2011

Soules 2010 Review

I didn't get as many Christmas cards out as I would have liked this year, plus I didn't send out an update or yearly review on the family, so I figured what better place than the blog to do so!

Photobucket

Katelyn-
Katelyn is 5-1/2 years old and is deeply immersed in her first year of "real school" as she likes to call it...Kindergarten! She's thrilled to death to be going to school every day as opposed to a couple days a week with preschool the year before. She loves her teacher, friends, and everything she is learning! She soaks up everything like a sponge and is learning more in her first year of Kindergarten than I think that we ever did when we were kids! She kicked butt with her testing at the beginning of the year and I can only imagine she'll get even smarter as the year goes on. She is a wonderful big sister to Aiden and soon-to-be Madeline. Katelyn is a big helper to Mommy and also plays so well with Aiden.

Aiden-
Aiden is 18 months old and sprouting up before our eyes! She has a mouth full of teeth and we're FINALLY done with her teething (only managed to last a year!). She speeds around the house with her new learned skill of walking, now turning into running! She also is turning into quite the little jabbermouth too! She seems to learn a new word every day and also just yammers on in jibberish quite frequently. Aiden started Nursery right at the end of the year and she's still getting used to being away from Mom and Dad during that time. We're still experiencing a little bit of crying once she realizes we're gone, but she recovers quickly and gets back to playing, thank goodness!

Madeline-
Miss Madeline will be making her entrance to the world here in a couple weeks. We're quite excited for her arrival. We're very curious as to how Aiden will react to not being the baby of the family anymore, but once she gets used to it, we're sure she'll learn to be a wonderful big sister with Katelyn to show her by example.

Nate-
Nate has made a job change this past year and is currently working for the Church. He is truly loving every moment he works in this new position. Nate has also decided that he is going to back to school to obtain his Masters in Administrative Communications. Right now he is working on testing and applying to the program and we'll find out in a couple months if he makes it into the program this fall!

Jen-
I have been truly enjoying my time being a stay at home mom with Katelyn and Aiden. They are growing up so fast and I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to see them do so. I am still doing some medical transcription, but I'm no longer doing it full time so I can spend more time with the kids. I also took some time to myself here and there, doing small things to either take time to myself or better myself. It was great to take time for the little things and helped to improve my outlook on life!

All of us-
We've been able to do lots of memorable things this past year. Among the highlights, we took our first major family trip together as a family to Oregon! We spent almost two weeks covering a lot of the state, from spending time with some of my friends and family in Salem, living it up on the Coast for a couple days, and then spending a few days with Nate's grandma in Grants Pass. Nate and I also had the chance to go down to Vegas this summer to be with Rachel as she went through the temple for the first time. We were so glad to be a part of it! Nate and I also celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary this past year. We didn't do anything elaborate since we were saving our pennies for Madeline's arrival, but we were able to take a couple days for just the two of us, sans children! Woo hoo!

We hope that all of you had a wonderful and blessed 2010, and pray that the same will come to you in 2011!

1 comments:

Josh and Tacy Jackson said...

dude, I feel like you haven't updated in FOREVER!!! HAHA, It's great to hear from you guys! Wow, you are so close to popping out that little one, wish I was... the last fe weeks since I found out have gone by SO SLOW...