I've been quite the little domestic diva lately! I find this rather odd since being pregnant, you'd think I'd be fighting just to get through the day on the simple tasks, yet I've taken it to a whole new level! Go me! *Party dance*
For those of you who are LDS or avid gardeners, you've probably heard the joke about locking your car doors when you go to church during the summer, because if you don't, you'll come back to a car stocked full of zucchini. Well, the other day I snagged this ginormous zucchini from outside of someone's house trying to pawn off their over abundance of veggies from their garden. I love zucchini bread, so I knew right away I'd be making some of that. After realizing I'd have A TON of zucchini left over, I pondered about what new things I could do, since I didn't want any of this to go to waste. Then the most delicious idea came to me. Fried zucchini. MMMMMMM. I've only had it as an appetizer at restaurants, but the thought never crossed my mind until now to attempt it on my own! After browsing a few recipes online, I ended up taking pointers from a few and making my own recipe. This is what I ended up doing...
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
Dash of salt
1 egg
Sliced zucchini
3 tbsp oil
In one bowl I mixed the cheese, bread crumbs, and salt. In another bowl I whisked up the egg. I dipped the zucchini in the egg and then coated in the breading mixture. I laid them on a cookie sheet until I was ready to fry them up like so...
(See? I told you that zucchini was ginormous!)
I warmed up the oil in a large frying pan and fried the zucchini on each side until it was a dark golden brown. I say dark, because if it is too light, I don't think you get the awesome crispiness out of the breading that you could otherwise. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of the color after they were cooked, as I had a friend come to the door right while I was frying these bad boys up! We dipped the zucchini in a homemade marinara and it was uber delicious! Katelyn even ate it and liked it! We're talking about a kid that we have to force feed anything green to! Amazing, right?
To be honest, it was ridiculously simple to make and I will probably do many more times in the future! Plus, I have plenty of zucchini left still haha! ;)
Harga burung sikatan belang
7 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment