So this blog at the beginning will tie into the last one and then lead into something much more enjoyable! We had one more fun incident take place before we left for our cruise. Oh joy. Can you sense my enthusiasm? Haha.
Sunday night we were packing and getting ready to leave in the morning to the airport. It's about 9 o'clock and night when I suddenly notice a very minuscule amount of water seeping out from underneath our washing machine. I didn't think it to be too big of a deal because there is a floor drain underneath it. It wasn't until I saw the puddle begin to exponentiate that I was struck with a bit of concern. Next thing I realize, Nate and I are tearing towels out of our cupboards and we're trying to prevent our apartment from flooding like crazy! Of course we weren't too successful in our attempts and we got water in the carpets. We're at a total loss of what to do and have no idea why this is happening. We manage to find the after hours emergency maintenance number for the complex and call it thinking that we'll be able to get someone to come out and take care of this mess. We called multiple times and kept getting a stupid voicemail. PIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEDDDDD!!! What's the freakin point in having an "emergency maintenance" number if no one is going to respond? So we finally see the water is slowing down enough to the point that we can go to bed (it's well past midnight at this point). We dam the drain up with every possible dry towel we have left in the house and go to bed PRAYING we'll get some sleep before we have to get up early to get to the airport. That ended up being a whole 3 hours for the each of us because we couldn't sleep worrying about the water and everything that touched the floor in the apartment. UGH! So we had to resort to having our families follow up with the complex to make sure they took care of the problem while we were flying to San Diego. What a mess! When we arrived in San Diego, we were pleased to find out that the complex was taking care of the problem and that 2 other apartments had flooded too. Good they were doing something, only 14 hours too late! Meh.
Now on to the fun stuff! We got on our transfer and made it over to port where the ship was. Getting checked in was pretty quick and simple since I took care of most of the paperwork online before we left. Although one little snag was funny before we even got on the boat. We checked in and were waiting for them to start letting us on the boat. After about 15 minutes of waiting, I suddenly realize that we were NEVER told what our room number was on the boat! You know, might be a good thing to know so we're not sleeping in the lounge chairs by the pool for 5 days! Haha! We went back and got our room number without a hitch, but the lady who gave us our number was floored that we weren't told in the first place! I'd say!
We finally were on the boat and didn't do much but orient ourselves with the ship, so we'd have a bit of a clue of where we were going. We got lunch (haven't even left port and the smorgasbord has begun lol) and pretty much just basked in the fact that we were on vacation, our honeymoon at last! That evening we left port and took off out of San Diego. Before we'd even left the harbor, I got a text from Verizon saying "Welcome to Mexico!" Dude! I'm not even out of the harbor yet! Geesh! :)
I'll spare you most of the details of us being on the ship, since we had 2 full days at sea and a little bit extra time too where we did a whole lot of nothing! That's what a vacation should be about! You shouldn't come back from a trip more exhausted than when you left! There is something wrong with that when you do. So I managed to soak in a ton of rays (and my now tan lines will prove that) by the pool reading the Twilight series. Yeah, I managed to get the first 2 books read in the 5 days I was gone! Nate had to do a bit of studying, so he wasn't left out of the fun ;).
Wednesday is when we made our stop in Cabo. Absolutely beautiful! Our only plans for Cabo were to hit the beach and do some more of that relaxing thing. We took a taxi to get there. My first taxi experience and I just happen to do it in Mexico. WOW. That was SOME experience! The driving there (not just the taxis) is sheer chaos! Cars everywhere and it's a miracle that there aren't millions just piled up in the roads! Once we did get to the beach though, the weather was perfect, as well as the water! Oh how I've longed to swim in an ocean, and a warm one at that! After a few hours on the beach, we decided to head back so we could do some shopping downtown. I was hoping to make it to Cabo Wabo for a bite to eat too. After another exhilirating taxi ride, off we went to shop. Unfortunately with my awesome genetics, I'm very prone to dehydration in a hurry and I could feel it coming on as we began to walk downtown. It sucks because I had been downing water (bottled water off the ship, not Mexican water lol) like crazy. So unfortunately my sudden under the weather spell was too much for me to handle and we decided to head back to the ship before I managed to pass out. Bummer. Here are a few pics while we were in Cabo!
The happy couple
Whitest chick in Mexico! WOO! ;)
Downtown Cabo
Land's End
Friday is when we docked in Ensenada. Yeah, not so impressed with the appearance of Ensenada as I was with Cabo! There was smog/fog (depended on who you asked) shrouding the city, but I suppose there wasn't too much to look at anyway. We decided to book an excursion through the ship since there aren't any beaches in Ensenada, unless you count cliff diving as a beach experience. Nate wanted to go to do the Fox Studios tour in Rosarito, since he's a huge movie buff and what not, and I agreed to come along for the ride lol. We took a bus ride to Rosarito to go to the studios. We deemed the studios the "poor man's Universal". This place was pretty much constructed for the making of "Titanic", although other movies have been made here). It was alright to go to. Nothing spectacular. The guided tours were pretty meh, but once we got to go off on our own, that's when we began to have fun! We started taking a bunch of nerdy photos of each other at different things, but proved itself to be fun. We then took off to a hotel in Rosarito for lunch. If there was a reedeming quality to the excursion, it was lunch! We had your standard Mexican combination that you would find in a Mexican restaurant. The food was fantastic. I can never go back to eating cheapo tamales anymore. Freshmade is the way to go! LOL. We did some shopping Rosarito and found quite a few things, including bringing some drugs back into the states. Okay, not THOSE kinds of drugs, but we were able to pick up some antibiotics to have on hand, which I really like to have when those pesky sinus infections hit and you don't want to pay the money to go to the doc when you know exactly what you need! Anyway, I was glad we also did the trip, since it got us out of the mucky air in Ensenada. We took the bus back and got back shortly before we had to be back on the ship. Here's a few pics from that day...
Wait...are we in Mexico? I wasn't sure...could you make it a little bigger? LOL
On the bus to Rosarito
Cheezin' in front of the model of the Titanic
Climb!
Bang! I so got you...
Day of the Dead setup
Here's a few random pics from the ship!
The seagull and I were about to have a smackdown! He was thinking real hard about stealing Nate's food when he was away from the table, but I was triumphant. See? He's totally staring me down!
Chillin...
Nate proud of his 24-karat piece of "ship" that he won after playing the Gameshow Mania game. He kicked everyone's trash lol!
Our priceless expressions as they sang to us because it was our honeymoon. Sweet.
Smooches as we leave Cabo...
Our one of many towel animals...this is our pimpin' elephant!
Nate and I with our waiter from Romania, Florin. He was pretty kiss a$$ himself!
I've got a billion more pictures of course! I'll probably have to put together a slide show, so that everyone can see them!
I can say with satisfaction that it was a fan-freakin-tastic honeymoon! Great memories to last a lifetime!
Harga burung sikatan belang
7 years ago



4 comments:
Okay, so LOVE the sexy pic of the whitest chick in Mexico, also.... the pic of you two being sung to! *snickers* Priceless!!! I am glad you had a great time! Happy Honeymoon!
I want to go! :(
Looks like it was a slammin' honeymoon, Jen. Wonder what Brittany and I will have to do to top that (a lot I'm sure).
Looks like you guys had a blast! Your faces in the clapping pic are hilarious!
Post a Comment