Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Who knew being sick could be so nice?

Photobucket

It's mid July and I have a cold. Completely bites. I'm achy, dizzy, and can't swallow anything for the life of me. Yeah, sounds wonderful, huh? I even managed to get Nate sick. Can't say I'm terribly surprised, being how we don't exactly stay away from each other. I feel HORRIBLE about getting Nate sick as well. But there is a silver lining to this all. Nate calls me up this morning and tells me he doesn't think he's going to work because of how sick he feels. So, I told him if he didn't go to work, to come on over so we could spend the day together, even though we're sicker than dogs and can hardly move. So, Nate called in and came over. We pretty much spent the entire day just holding each other and trying to do little things to make the other feel better. We watched movies, took a nap together, watched Katelyn run around like crazy, and just held each other. If you look at it in a productive sense, we did absolutely NOTHING. But it was a GREAT day! I didn't know doing nothing could feel so great! When you're sick, there's nothing better than being held in someone's arms, as if to say "It's all going to be okay." Who knew being miserably sick could feel so nice? :)

4 comments:

Helping to Educate Mothers said...

lol how cute you guys were sick together. I think it's cause you love to share cooties lol

Anonymous said...

you guys are gooey :) that's rad though... I wish Zakk could stay home and take care of me!

Anonymous said...

Just think Jen, soon, he will not have to get in a car and come over, you will live together! I am so happy for you! I hope you both feel better soon. Being sick is LAME!

~AnnaMarie~ said...

Awww...Sorry you were sick but glad there was an up side to it. Sick at my house means I still have 4 kids to run after. Not fun ;)