Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Live list

So, for a few weeks I've been thinking about all the goals I want to accomplish or things that I want to do before this year is through. I was wondering how I would compile a list of these things, without getting too overwhelmed. I didn't want to call them resolutions, because I knew it would feel like a burden as opposed to something fun. Then I was looking at Rachel and Nick's blog (BTW, they're looking to adopt, so if you know someone searching for a good couple, point them in their direction!) and I realized what I needed to do. I needed to make a "live list", a list of things to help me enjoy life, and LIVE it, instead of just going through the day-to-day motions. So this is my "live list" for 2010:

  • Find a new “hole in the wall” (local restaurant, family cafĂ©, etc.).
  • Take a cake decorating class.
  • Make a cake for every special occasion. No store bought cakes this year!
  • Dedicate more time to reading. My list includes: Glenn Beck’s Common Sense, The Lovely Bones, and Arguing with Idiots.
  • Go to a Jazz game.
  • Go to a Stingers game.
  • Learn to crochet.
  • Take a day trip to Park City.
  • Take a day trip to Ephraim.
  • Make all of Aiden’s baby food.
  • Do a puzzle.
  • Take Katelyn to her first day of Kindergarten.
  • Escape on an overnighter with my hubby ;)
  • Go to the park with the kids.
  • Go to a laser light show with Nate.
  • Go to the beach.
  • Go to Oregon and visit family and friends.
  • Play a board game.
  • Meet my new niece/nephew (aka Bubbles).
  • Learn to make jewelry.
  • Go on a double date.
  • Paint the girls’ toenails.
  • Learn to can a new food item this summer.
  • Go to the zoo.
  • Go bowling.
  • Reach my goal weight.
  • Get a pedicure.
  • Take a picture with my husband on our anniversary.
  • Ride FrontRunner to Ogden.
  • Go to Frightmares.
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows." ~Thomas S. Monson

This list is subject to change, but only if I have something to add to it! As they year goes on, I will try to post pictures of what I've done, so you all can follow my journey! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a hole in the wall for you to try if you like Thai food... it's on Antelope right off Hillfield Road in Layton behind Blockbuster and across the street from Maverick. It's called Pad Thai. Zakk and I were scared to try it, but we did before we moved and it is incredible! The chicken pad thai there is to die for and one plate fed both of us and we STILL had leftovers. Very generous servings for really good prices. It's NEVER busy and they recognize you if you come back... totally cool family owned joint. Also... I may steal your live list idea! #1 will be visit Benji in Utah and get mo bettah steaks with her :)

Chesney said...

sounds like a great list!! what part of oregon? im down in grants pass!

~*Jen*~ said...

Awwww! I'm glad I'm your #1 haha ;)!! Oh man, that sounds SO good! I just told Nate about it and we're going to go there first chance!

Rachel said...

I sent your list to my friend who is compiling all of them. She'll leave a comment with the link once she posts it.

Megan Marie said...

Wonderful plans! I especially love the sweet time you want to spend with your husband! I put a link to your blog here. Happy living!

Jenny and James said...

Oh I think you'll really enjoy cake decorating! I love it, and it makes you feel good when people compliment. LOL heck I made $20 making one for my friend.

Chelsea said...

Jen- lengthy list!Everything on it looks like so much fun! I also called my list for this year different than a resolutions. I called it goals, because I meet goals better than resolutions for sure, too. Baby Aiden is getting so big! Send my love to your sweet family. Chelsea