Thursday, July 16, 2009

The case of the mysteriously soaking child

I'm quite the little domestic CSI! Here's how I solved the case...

Tuesday night as Nate and I were getting ready for bed, I went in to check on Katelyn. I felt that her room was a bit cool, so I went over to her bed to put another blanket on her. I grabbed one of her blankets from off the floor and half of it was soaked! So, the first thing I think is "Poor kid had an accident." I checked her underwear and sure enough she was soaked. Funny thing about it, though, is the bed was bone dry! Hmmmmmmm. I'm thoroughly confused at this point. I woke up Katelyn so she could change her clothes. I said "Katelyn, I need you to wake up. We need to change you panties" and the first thing she says is "Why?" I snickered because she was SOOOOOO out of it! She didn't even have a clue! After getting a chuckle, I then thought about it. On the occasion that Katelyn would have an accident, she knows it immediately. So at this point, I know something is off here. After getting Katelyn changed and back into bed, I take the aforementioned wet items and start walking them over to the washer. As I walk past the bathroom, I see an interesting sight. I see the toilet, SEAT UP mind you, with toilet paper hanging from the toilet seat and on up to the toilet paper roll. After looking at this for a couple seconds, the mystery is finally solved! Katelyn didn't wet the bed, she got up to use the bathroom and in her completely tired and very out of it state, she fell into the toilet! Even after falling in, you'd think she would have shot awake, right? Nope! She continued to remain completely out of it and just crawled back into bed! It took me a while to go to bed that night because I spent so long laughing! Oh my little funny girl :)

If you ever have a mysterious crayon drawing on the wall or graham crackers sprawled over the kitchen floor, give me a call! I'll crack the case!

BWAHAHAHA!!! ;)

3 comments:

Helping to Educate Mothers said...

That's HILARIOUS! lol Silly sleepwalking girl :oP

Becca said...

That is so funny!

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh! That's hilarious! Little kids do the funniest things!