Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas is in the air...

I LOVE Christmas. I love decorating for it, seeing the lights, giving and watching everyone open their gifts, and on and on and on!!! I really love everything about it. Anyway, I figured I'd post a few pics that I've gotten so far of the Christmas season, most of which involve the decorating of the tree. I'm a bit of a "tree nazi" (as Nate likes to refer to me) when it comes to decorating the tree. I like to do a themed Christmas tree, usually based on color combinations. There are always ornaments that make it on the tree regardless (like Katelyn's 1st Christmas ornament), but other than that, I strictly control what ornaments make it onto the tree. How do I support this habit (yeah, it's kinda an addiction haha)? I go shopping for ornaments the day after Christmas for the following year. I swear, by the time my kids have grown up, I'll have an entire storage unit dedicated JUST to Christmas stuff. Nate's gonna despise it, but oh well. I was already hooked by the time we got married ;).

This year is a red and gold tree. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Last year Katelyn wasn't all too interested in decorating the tree. This year she was SOOOOO excited! Even for days after we decorated the tree, she kept asking if we could put more up. If it were left up to her, I don't think and inch of tree would be left to be seen by the naked eye! In any event, she had a ton of fun decorating the tree!

Katelyn insisted Rudolph be the first ornament she put on the tree. She claimed it was her favorite. I suppose I'll believe her on that one since she's watched Rudolph everyday for the past week!
Photobucket

Decorating the tree...
Photobucket

The finished product
Photobucket

With the flash on the camera, so you can see the ornaments better
Photobucket

Katelyn showing off the tree
Photobucket

My little cheesehead!
Photobucket

And a bonus for you all (who haven't seen it already)! My first preggo belly shot at 11 weeks, 1 day :)
Photobucket

I took this one the other day when we finally got our first decent snow storm of the year! I'm starting to believe that I live in Utah again haha. I thought it looked so cool that the snow was falling outside right behind the tree. I think it looked much cooler in person, but this is the best I could do...
Photobucket

(I'm annoyed, but Photobucket wouldn't rotate the last 2 pics. Cursed technology!)

I'm hoping to get Katelyn to go get Santa here before Christmas. I also want to take her to the lights on Temple Square, so I'm hoping we get the chance to take her! She loves seeing all the lights on peoples houses and on the tree, she'll go nuts at Temple Square!

1 comments:

Ritzville RS said...

Beautiful tree :) And Katelyn, Rudolph rocks!!
She is so beautiful!! And so is her mommy. (I LOVE preggo shots, so keep them coming!). I SOOO Wish I could come down for a visit this Christmas.. but oh well. THere's always next year, right??