I'm taking a page from the book of Miss Rachel and have decided to dedicate a blog to just some of my favorite things in life. I've been stressing out so much with watching and waiting for a letter from the First Presidency, planning a wedding, and then having Katelyn gone for the next 1-1/2 weeks with the sperm donor...I just need to think about the things in life that make me happy!
- Fireworks. I'm such a kid at heart. I love fireworks! I think this also includes all that leads up to the actual shooting off of fireworks. The barbeques, running into old friends, hanging with the family, and then of course the firework show itself. The nostalgia of it all just brings a great feeling. I dig it. ;)
- Pedicures. Before I ever got my first pedicure, I always found them a bit creepy. I didn't want a stranger manhandling my feet! That's just wrong! I can't even remember the first time I actually got a pedicure, but I finally did and fell in love. They are fantastic! Pedicurists make my toes look much prettier than I could ever do so! I even got a pedicure the day I came home from the hospital with Katelyn. Well, you would too if you had been on bed rest for almost 6 weeks.
- A Healthy Relationship! I never knew what being treated like a princess was, until I started dating Nate. When I was married prior, I maybe had one romantic gesture come my way once a year and even at that it was a pretty dismal attempt. Nate loves me and all of me. It's unconditional and never-ending. Even though it took coming from a dark place with the saddest of relationships to have the amount of appreciation I do for my relationship with Nate, I am insanely happy. I think I am more grateful for it than I would have been without my past experiences.
- Dr. Pepper. Delicious. Anybody who knows me knows that if you want to cheer me up, bring me a Dr. Pepper! In fact, the other day Nate knew I was having a bad day (I don't even remember what it was about). I was frustrated and stressed. He came over after he got off work and what was in hand? Of course, a Dr. Pepper! I had a smile plastered on my face before he could even put it in my own hands.
- Cruises. The best kind of vacation on the planet! Why? You don't have to hunt down a hotel, plan every meal, and you have plenty of time to.......RELAX! Oh, riiiiiggghhht! What you're SUPPOSED to do on a vacation! I've only been on one, but it was fantastic! Just thinking about Nate and I going on ours in October is enough to cheer me up out of any funk. If that's enough, just imagine what I'll be feeling like when I'm actually there!
- Rain. This can't be a terrible surprise, since I am an Oregon native. What you all call "rain" in Utah, are mere sprinkles opposed to real rain. I would love to just sit inside on a rainy day, curl up, and just watch it rain all day long. Throw in some hot chocolate and someone to cuddle with, and it's the best :)
- Katelyn. She does some of the funniest things that make me laugh. I love it when I want to sleep in a little bit and she'll crawl into bed to "snug" (snuggle) me. I also love hearing to her talk up a storm. She'll have a 10-minute conversation and I'll only be able to understand about half, but it's hilarious to hear her go on and on, even if it is just jabbering. She also likes to help me cook in the kitchen. She's getting so big!
- Scrapbooking. Because I've always wanted and artistic outlet and pretty much sucked at all forms of art, scrapbooking is it for me. I love doing it. I can't wait for the day that I can dedicate an entire room to this passion of mine.
- Steak. I've always loved steak, but I've noticed as of late that is has fallen into my list of comfort food. If I'm having a bad day, what do I want? A steak! In fact, the other day Nate and I both had typical Mondays. We were deciding what to eat for dinner and I couldn't have been more excited with my idea...a light night BBQ with steak and potatoes! It was fantastic, and quite comforting I might add!
- Random drives. It's a shame that gas is so expensive right now, because there is nothing better than jumping in the car and just taking a drive to nowhere. Growing up my family used to do it all the time. It's so fun just to watch everything go by and not actually be rushing to an actual location.



0 comments:
Post a Comment